Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Magic Prison

As you read this, keep in mind that this is an assignment and I wouldn’t be doing it if it weren’t. But I guess I have to. So here it is.

In the story “The Magic Prison” Prince Herweda learns an important lesson. He learns this: selfishness leads to sadness, service leads to happiness and they can’t coexist. Think of this, in the story the mirrors represent selfishness because when you look in them you only see yourself. The windows represent service because when you look through a window you see others. The more time you spend looking in mirrors, the less service you do and the less happiness you can have. So, the moral of this story is that focusing only on yourself will never lead to happiness.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Spencer, I am confused. Did you write the above or was it your mom? I hope you are having a great time with Grandma and Grampa Wadsworth. I know they are having a great time with you!!